Sunday, June 26, 2016

Novel Incoming!

This is just a quick update on what I'm doing with my blog and my writing and stuff.

This summer, in lieu of getting a job, I have committed to writing 20 hours a week. At first, this number seemed a bit daunting. But I quickly stumbled upon a story in my head that started out as seven pages, then 25, and now has ballooned into a 25,000 word beginning of a story.

I hope to complete this story by the end of the summer, with somewhere between 100,000-200,000 thousand words. Then, of course, there will be editing and revising and all that, and it'll probably be crap and I'll have to redo most of it to make it even slightly workable BUT it's going to be a complete, full-fledged novel. So I'm excited.

This is normally where I'd include a caveat, such as "If I maintain the motivation" or "As long as I have enough to write about" but I've determined that those excuses will not be acceptable.

If you're interested in reading drafts, let me know. Even if you just read the first 5 pages and say "This doesn't interest me" or "This is exciting" that's helpful!

Good song:




1 comment: