Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter Poetry

(Note: the colored message serves as the last line of the poem)

The collective scriptures
They are filled with omens
All pointing together
To this very moment

Threads of life
Connect every page
Genesis to Revelation
Throughout the ages

They proclaim one thing
They yell it out
His message to us
The prophets shout

We are redeemed!
Life has now begun
Death's been defeated...

Song of the Day: A great Easter song, Forever by Kari Jobe. This version has  a spoken word in the middle of it, which is why it is so long. I figured a lot of people would know the song, so if you want to hear something new, just go to about 7 minutes in to hear the spoken word.

P.S. In all the YouTube videos, Vines, and blogs I've put out there (in total, probably around 100 pieces of content now beyond simple facebook posts), I've never really asked for anything beyond questions/comments. However, I would just like to say that likes, comments, and shares (!!) do really mean a lot! I don't write this kind of thing just for myself,  --- that's what a journal is for, haha --- I write so that hopefully someone can learn a new truth about God, or have encouragement, or encounter God in some fashion. So if you think my posts can do that, then sharing them with others would really mean a lot to me!

But anyways, thanks for reading!

P.P.S. If you didn't get it, the colored message says "The victory is won" :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice anti-poetry poetry, Ryken! I like how you tied it back to the Old Testament instead of just focusing on the NT. It's awesome how many passages of Scripture foretell Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it really is amazing, especially considering the immense period of time over which the scriptures were written!

      Delete