Thursday, November 12, 2015

Quotable Quotes and Notable Notes

So I just have a few quotes rolling around that I want to spew out. Some are mine, most are not. If they are mine, they won't be cited. By no means do I intend to elevate myself to the level of these great writers --- that's obviously laughable. I just don't feel like formulating real thoughts and cohesive paragraphs and such.

"If we have the potential to oppress or slay millions, it is because we also have the potential to liberate and love millions." - Gregory Boyd, Letters from a Skeptic

I'm sure glad Americans no longer support the destruction of millions of lives, and the removal of a lifetime of choices from a group of people they consider to be less than human.

*"Between stimulus and response is our greatest power -- the freedom to choose." - Steven Covey, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People

"I can no more understand the totality of God than the pancake I made for breakfast understands the complexity of me." - Donald Miller, Blue Like Jazz

Don't make the gay men straight. Show the dead men life. (From my blog on homosexuality).

"God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing." - C. S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed, which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down. But I can find no such case." Charles Darwin, The Origin of Species (More: search irreducible complexity)

"Cheap grace is grace without discipleship, grace without the cross, grace without Jesus Christ, living and incarnate." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Cost of Discipleship

And the song! Going to do two because I forgot the last couple posts. 1 high energy, 1 super chill.

Cast My Cares, Finding Favour:



Bitter/Sweet, Amanda Cook:




No comments:

Post a Comment